To give you a little perspective here is Iowa’s location relative to those surrounding states:
– Minnesota borders Iowa on the North Side
– South Dakota borders on the Northwest
– Wisconsin borders Iowa on the Northeast
– Illinois is on the East and Southeast borders
– Missouri is down South of Iowa
– Nebraska borders Iowa on the West
First off, we’d have to say that Iowa is well known for Corn. The United States is the largest producer of corn in the world, with China coming in second, and Iowa supplies close to 1/5 of it (around 2.7 billion bushels out of 15.1 billion!).
If you like the fact that your bread doesn’t come in large, unsliced loaves then incidentally you’ve got Iowa to thank. An Iowan by the name of Otto Rohwedder created the first device to slice and bag bread and the rest is delicious history.