Want to visit a great city? Are you confused about where to go? Don’t worry. We are here to guide you in this article. London is one of the most fabulous places to visit. We intend to guide you in this article about London and things to do there and choosing the right hotel for you!
London, a developed city, has never been the same as you see it today. It arose from peppered rural settlements, spearheads, weapons of Bronze and Iron age and items which extend their existence and usage to almost 3000 years back. Then the Romans came, and they founded the Londinium, which now stands as mighty London. Romans are indeed credited with the strategic development of this city.
Did You Know?
The city is much more than just the capital of England. It bustles with the energy of tourists just like you from every continent who appreciate its vibrancy, monuments, skyscrapers, great hotels like the Hilton brand and food diversities, etc. It hosts people who speak almost 300 languages. There always stands a chance that you will find an acquaintance there. Moreover, London has more than 70 billionaires who, with their wealth, make it one of the world’s wealthiest cities. Not to mention, River Thames flows in the city from east to southwest and, interestingly, has the underground tributaries.
Things to do in London
Checked in London? It would be best if you settled somewhere first. We have collated a list of Hilton London Hotels which sit in prime locations and will provide a brilliant stay!
- Hilton London Bankside
- Hilton London Metropole
- Hilton London Syon Park
- Hilton London Olympia
- Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
- Hilton London Angel Islington
- Hilton London Canary Wharf
Search nearby Hilton Hotel from your location. They are considered great hotels in London with an average of 9/10 rating on multiple tourism websites.
Pack your handbag and go out!
Either you are coming for a day trip, whole week trip, business meeting or a conference, we present you a list of things to do here. There is plenty to do in London. Let’s start with the places you must visit.
You have ever heard about Big Ben, Great Bell of the clock, which is located at the northern end of the Palace of Westminster. It would be best if you went down there. The clock has an extraordinary adjustment schedule whereby an English Penny adjusts it. If the clock runs fast, a penny is added, and if it runs slow, a penny is extracted. Addition of each penny causes gaining of 2/5 of a second a day.
Tower of London
Most great cities throughout history, all over the world, had castles. London too has the Tower of London. Located on the banks of the Thames, it has the historical significance of the usage of almost 1000 years. It was not only used as a defense structure but as a royal palace, a zoo, a barracks, a jewel house, a prison and an armory. Go and see yourself the fabulous Tower.
Built at the end of the 19th century Tower Bridge is a suspension bridge on the Thames and is near to the Tower of London. Its beauty has made it an icon of London. Walking over it makes you feel lovely.
St Paul’s Cathedral
St Paul’s Cathedral was built in the 17th and 18th century and is the highest point of London. It is the seat of the Bishop of London. It is the superstructure of London. Go there and ask Jesus yourself.
Want to see where Kings of mighty United Kingdom were coronated? Go to Westminster Abbey. It is the place where great personalities from kings to scientists and philosophers i.e., Henry V, Tudors, Isaac Newton, Samuel Johnson, Charles Dickens, and Edward the Confessor, etc. are buried. The Abbey needs to be witnessed by you.
London’s Hyde Park is another place where you might want to go. It is considered as one of the biggest city parks in the world. Initially built for hunting by Henry VIII, now it is open to the public and has 4000 trees, meadow, flower garden, and a great lake.
Not interested in visiting the famous monuments? Then go at a Local Pub. Pubs are icons of London. Spare some extra time in a local Pub and drink a few pints (don’t drive after that obviously).
Are you looking to find some tranquility in this city? A city like London too has a peaceful and serene places. We recommend you Highgate Cemetery. It might seem creepy as a suggestion but, believe us, it is one of the ways to learn about the city and its history without struggling in crowds and paying high priced tickets. A place where almost 1.7 million people are buried, including Karl Marx, deserves your visit.
Each tourist goes to places which are packed with his likes. It would be best if you went somewhere different. Hustle Bustle at a certain place does not mean that it is beautiful. There are places in London which are neglected by tourists. Do not commit that mistake. Rarity has beauty. Go and find someplace which is not much packed with tourists i.e., Camden passage, Little Venice, The Thames Path, Chin Chin Labs, Wilton’s Music Hall, Eltham Palace, and Postman’s Park.
Hilton London Hotels
London, along with its greatest attractions, also has places to stay which makes you feel at home. You really need to feel safe and comfortable when it comes to foreign places. The financial factor also plays a vital role in deciding your place to live in London. You might be from a humble background and cannot afford an expensive hotel. We highly recommend Hilton Hotels in London. It is one of the largest hotel brands in the world. It hosts both business and leisure travelers with locations in major cities, near airports, government offices, markets and entertainment places around the world.
We have a list of multiple hotels. It is up to you to check in any one of them.
Hilton London Bankside
Located on Design Trail near South Bank, it offers a sight to best places in the area. It attracts several tourists a day who seem quite satisfied with its services. It has 292 rooms, and all of them are highly equipped with modern facilities, i.e., artwork, air condition, and Wifi, etc. A bathrobe, slippers, and safe can ease you while you stay here. Families are provided services like interconnected rooms and babysitting on request at reception.
If you are up for a business meeting, you can go for the Executive Room. Conduct your meetings with clients in a relaxed and comfortable environment. If you wish to make your night more enjoyable, you can enjoy the pints, ports, and liquors in The Distillery. OXBO Bankside seres seafood, cuisine steaks, and multiple dishes and has 24 hours room service.
Accommodations here are carefully exalted to a greater experience of comfort. Here is a list of things you can find in rooms.
- Valet parking for guests.
- Free wifi is provided to each guest who checks in here. You can check mail and do whatever you want to.
- It has the meeting rooms where you can host or be a guest of larger business or political meetings.
- The option of hiring a car is also available to avail in case you want to go out.
- You can wake up in the morning and join the breakfast Buffet.
Along with services mentioned above of the hotel, room features include bathrobes, desk, flatscreen TV, family space, room service, housekeeping, suites, Complimentary toiletries, and refrigerator, etc.
To put it simply, you can enjoy the services which you expect on your trip. We believe that Hilton Bankside is the best choice if you want to stay in London.
2-8 Great Suffolk Street, London SE1 0UG, United Kingdom
Hilton London Metropole
Fifteen minutes’ walk away from Oxford Street and a half Km from Paddington Station. Located in central London, it is a four-star hotel and conference center on Edgware Road. With 1059 rooms, it is surrounded by Paddington basin in the west, Marylebone Flyover in Northern side, and Praed Street in South. Hilton London Metropole is on the fifteen-minute walk from Madame Tussauds. A beautiful place, namely Hyde Park, is located just half a km away. Being a fan of dance, you need to know that historically, it remained a venue for 44th Irish dancing competition in 2014, the very first one in England.
An overview of Services
- Rooms in Hilton London Metropole are spacious and have LCDs where you can watch movies and shows of your choice. Air conditioning and Tea and coffee making facilities are given in rooms.
- Its conference rooms can host up to 3000 delegates in 42 meeting rooms.
- Fimma Restaurant offers an exotic international menu where you can taste food in a comfortable and home-like atmosphere.
- Guests are served with cocktails, food menu, and beverages in the Edge Bar.
- Swimming fans are provided with pool, steam room, and sauna.
- A gym which has modern exercising facilities and equipment is open to guests.
- Beauty and Hair salons with rooms for treatment are available.
225 Edgware Road, Westminster Borough, London, W2 1JU, United Kingdom
Hilton London Syon Park
Crazy about living in Duke’s residence or a place possessing that much royalty? Yes! Hilton London Syon Park is in the residence of Duke of Northumberland. Originated in the Tudors era, it is now equipped with modern facilities and has a total land of 200 acres. It continues to fascinate the tourists who visit London. Hilton London Syon Park is a place where you can find tranquility. It is located 7 miles away from London and Heathrow airport. Tube stations and bus stops provide you an opportunity to reach iconic attractions of London. Twickenham Stadium is located just 3 miles away from the hotel.
Overview of Services
Tired of your visits and meetings? Want to get some freshness? Worry no more. In Hilton London Syon Park, Spa facilities are available for guests.
- Hilton London Syon Park provides free Wifi and parking facilities.
- Hilton London Syon Park provides suites with a separate room and living area, several TVs, bathtub, and much more.
- Rooms in Hilton London Syon Park feature work area, 40 inches TV and wifi access.
- Kalimba Club at Hilton London Syon Park gives facials, massages, and hydrotherapy session. Moreover, steam room, sauna, and 15-meter pool provide a chance to gather your energies.
- From private to public meetings, Hilton London Syon Park can be your best choice.
Need to host a party? Hilton London Syon Park has The Grand Syon Ballroom which can host 100 to 700 guests. A better choice for celebrations. Isn’t it?
Park Rd, Isleworth, Brentford TW8 8JF, UK
Hilton London Olympia
Hilton London Olympia is located in five minutes walk from Olympia station and is surrounded by famous places such as Kensington Palace and Westfield London Shopping Centre. It is located in an excellent place where you are provided city facilities at your doorstep. It has 405 rooms and clubs.
Overview of Services
- Hilton London Olympia gives an executive floor and luggage storage. Currency exchange services are also offered at the hotel. It means you are all set to go out and visit places.
- You can host business meetings in its gracious halls.
- Visiting and exploring the beauty of London city is likely to cause you tiredness. Hilton London Olympia can give you comfort in its air-conditioned rooms which feature a private bathroom and internet access.
- Society Restaurant at the Hilton London Olympia is there to provide you with delicious foods. Society Bar also serves drinks for your enjoyment.
- A fitness center is open for guests where you can exercise.
- Hilton London Olympia provides parking.
Your comfort will necessarily follow a simple process of checking in.
380 Kensington High St, Kensington, London W14 8NL, UK
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Hilton London Heathrow Airport is the nearest hotel from terminal 5, which means you only have to drive for 10 minutes in good traffic. An email confirmation of your booking provides you the root guidance. Relax at Hilton London Heathrow Airport to reorganize. Comforts supplied by Hilton London Heathrow Airport are numberless. You truly will feel at home when you check in here. Hilton London Heathrow Airport is located on only 18 minutes drive from central London. Hoppa service is provided every 15 minutes for the airport to check-in or check out.
Overview of services
- Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 hotel provides you a conference ballroom with a capacity of more than 1400 participants. Executive meetings can also be held in boardrooms.
- For meetings, seven small rooms are available 24/7.
- Mr. Todiwala’s Kitchen offers you to eat the delicious foods of Indian taste.
- Spa treatment and 24/7 fitness center are provided for your convenience.
- Gallery room can accommodate 1400 plus guests in a theatre style.
- Pre-dinner drinks are served at the reception.
- Comfortable guest rooms with 37-inches TVs are ready to host you.
Poyle Road, Colnbrook, Slough, England, SL3 0FF, United Kingdom
Hilton London Angel Islington
Hilton London Angel Islington is located in the famous location of Islington. Hilton London Angel Islington is surrounded by the Business Design Centre and British Library. You can read books and shop nearby. AT 4-minute walk is located Angel Underground Station and Essex Road station is only 10 minutes away. A paid car parking is available with discounts for guests.
Overview of services
- Axis Restaurant and Bar serve local and international foods at Hilton London Angel Islington.
- Rooms at the Hilton London Angel Islington provides city view from its front rooms which provide a peaceful sight of Islington.
- Standard wifi is offered free in rooms by Checking in at Hilton London’s website.
- Rooms for families can be connected by requesting reception.
- You can walk from Hilton London Angel Islington to find out chic restaurants and food shops nearby.
- A busy day at work or meetings is followed by comfort and luxury in spacious rooms of Hilton London Angel Islington.
- With such facilities, Hilton London Angel Islington is really designed and served by angels.
53 Upper St, The Angel, London N1 0UY, UK
Hilton London Canary Wharf
Hilton London Canary Wharf hotel is at only 5 minutes walk from Canary Wharf London Station. Located in one of London’s business districts, it seems the popular and justifiable place for tourists. Most people with business interests and assignments tend to stay at this hotel. Only a business center and markets do not define Hilton’s, but it also offers various attractions for you to relax in the serene atmosphere.
- Rooms in this hotel are air-conditioned, have a minibar, indoor pools, flat-screen TV with great movies.
- At 14th floor is the Executive Lounge where you can host business meetings and see skyscrapers of London. The Lounge also offers complimentary continental breakfast, drinks, and canapes.
- The exotic Cinnamon Bar and restaurant serve international foods, drinks, and cocktails.
- A fitness center with a gym facility, a steam room, and sauna is available for guests.
- It has a business center and eight meeting rooms.
- Executive room with the executive hall is available for business travelers.
South Quay, Marsh Wall, Tower Hamlets, London, E14 9SH, United Kingdom
Hilton London has served in multiple continents and received repeated recommendations from its guests. What are you waiting for? Recommendations by us? We believe in Hilton’s services. Book now and enjoy your trip to London.
The Ritz London – One of the best hotels in the world
Residence Inn by Marriott London